Global Forewarn Community Meeting Q2 - Epidemics
START Network are pleased to bring you their first epidemic focused meeting:
- Welcome remarks: Dr. Rana Jawad Asghar; Chief Executive Officer Global Health Strategists and Implementers (GHSI)
- Anticipating epidemics through the Start Fund: A review of Start Fund responses to dengue, Covid-19 and cholera. When to act?
- Reflections from Oxfam and World Vision: Anticipating Covid-19 in Timor-Leste.
- Building a Early Action Protocol for dengue in Bangladesh: How did FOREWARN support SEEP to implement the first ever Start Fund anticipation of dengue alert?
- Start Fund tools to support collaborative analysis: Dengue outbreak anticipation tool in the Philippines, a collaboration between Start Network and the University of Philippines Risk Institute.
The second half of the meeting will focus on FOREWARN community epidemic anticipation updates:
- African Centre of Meteorological Applications for Development (ACMAD): Meningitis outbreak forecasts over the African meningitis belt.
- Médecins Sans Frontières: Towards early action for malaria. Acting before unusually high seasonal transmission of malaria in Zamfara, Nigeria, Jonglei South Sudan and Chhattisgarh, India.
- UK Met Office: How have the University of Florida's risk models been used alongside Met Office foecasts to inform UNICEF's cholera response in Yemen and the Global Task Force on Cholera Control?
(see Start Network event page here for more information)
GLOBAL FOREWARN COMMUNITY MEETING Q2