Anticipatory Action in 2022: A Global Overview
Anticipatory Action in 2022: A Global Overview is the first in a series of annual reports that will document how the anticipatory action sector is developing over time. This edition, which reports on activities during 2022, draws on desk research conducted to map anticipatory action frameworks and activations worldwide. The data collected was then verified and updated by organizations active in this sector.
This report presents – for the first time – the current global scale and impact of anticipatory action. It discusses how the scope of this approach expanded in 2022 – in terms of the hazards to which it is applied, the different triggers in place, and the range of anticipatory actions being implemented. It also sets out the steps needed for this expansion to continue in the future.
The report was written by the Anticipation Hub, with contributions from several partners, notably members of the Anticipatory Action Task Force: FAO, the IFRC, OCHA, Start Network and WFP. Other contributors included staff from the Australian Red Cross, the Feinstein International Center, the German Red Cross, the Kenyan Red Cross Society, Médecins sans Frontières Canada, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Plan International, the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre, the Risk-informed Early Action Partnership and Welthungerhilfe.
This report was possible thanks to the German Federal Foreign Office, which supports the Anticipation Hub.
If you are involved in anticipatory action and have frameworks and/or activations to include in future editions, please get in touch: email@example.com
Anticipatory action in 2022: figures and data
You can download the data used for this report here:
- Countries with active anticipatory action frameworks in 2022
- Anticipatory action activations in 2022
- Countries with anticipatory action frameworks under development in 2022
Please cite the Anticipation Hub as the source when reusing these data.
All the maps and figures from the report are available to download and reuse:
- Active anticipatory action frameworks around the world
- Anticipatory action frameworks in 2022: by numbers
- Anticipatory action frameworks in 2022: by hazard
- Anticipatory action frameworks by hazard and organizational type
- Anticipatory action around the world: coverage and preagreed financing
- Anticipatory action frameworks activated in 2022
- Anticipatory action in 2022: in numbers
- Anticipatory action frameworks under development in 2022
- Anticipatory action frameworks under development: in numbers
Please cite the Anticipation Hub as the source when reusing these figures.