Let’s talk: Current research priorities for the anticipatory action community
Date & TimeThursday, 21st of April 2022; 13:30 - 15:00 CEST
A moment to discuss knowledge gaps and opportunities for research on anticipatory action.
Join our 3rd Anticipation Hub Community Conversation to shape the direction of future research on anticipatory action!
Co-hosted by the 4As Consortium and the SHEAR programme, this interactive workshop invites participants to discuss emerging ideas and priorities for research, and create a platform to update the 2019 research roadmap.
- Exchange with the anticipatory action research community
- Learn about current and future research efforts
- Pitch your research ideas and priorities
Participation is open to all actors involved and interested in anticipatory action from global to local levels, and from all sectors from research, to practice to policy.
WHAT IS THE ANTICIPATION HUB COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS WEBINAR SERIES?
This webinar series aims to enable continuous connectivity, interaction and exchange between Anticipation Hub partners and the wider community of anticipatory action actors from global to local levels. The objectives are to:
- Create a structured space to nurture and connect the anticipatory action community to exchange opportunities and inspire new ideas and innovation.
- Bridge connections between practitioners, scientists and policymakers/government actors especially between global, regional, national and local levels.
- Facilitate opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and exchange between actors championing anticipatory action, especially with governments at country-level.
- Meet the changing needs, priorities and interests of partners through a flexible/adaptive exchange approach that encourages open, honest and critical discussion.
- Help the community to grow by creating a welcoming and inclusive space for new actors interested in the anticipatory action agenda.
The Community Conversations complement the existing exchange activities happening through Anticipation Hub working groups, webinars, mingles and Dialogue Platforms. The webinars are jointly organized with Anticipation Hub partners and expected to take place monthly, with some flexibility depending on partner availability.
*NOTE ON WEBINAR REGISTRATION:
As all conference tools have their own issues with privacy regulations, we have chosen one which is the most suitable for our event. But please be aware of the following:
- To be able to work with the registration tool of Zoom as well, we would like you to register into a free account of Zoom.
- Your data may be temporarily stored when using the videoconference and may be transferred to an unsafe third country (US) and shared with third party partners of Zoom.
- To avoid unnecessary data flow, the default settings have already been adjusted accordingly on our part.
The Anticipation Hub will only use the email addresses and names collected from Zoom registration for the purpose of sharing information about this event. To sign up to receive other information from the Anticipation Hub please join our newsletter mailing list here: https://www.anticipation-hub.org/newsletter
If you do not wish to register via this session for Zoom, please contact email@example.com for an alternative solution.