Global Forewarn Community Meeting Q1
(View the Start Network event page here.)
Start Network Crisis Anticipation and Risk Financing team is pleased to invite you to the March FOREWARN Community meeting- with a focus on tropical cyclones! The Global Forewarn Community Meeting Q1 will take place on the 18th of March 2021 from 09:30-1100 GMT. Register here.
Last year, the FOREWARN community explored collaboration with the Risk Informed Early Action Partnership (REAP), the Anticipation Hub, and took part in many sessions at the IFRC Global Dialogue platform on anticipatory action. You can find the previous meeting minutes and FOREWARN community member updates here.
The first half of the meeting will explore the Start Fund experience of anticipating cyclones:
- Anticipating cyclones through the Start Fund: A review of Start Fund responses to Cyclone Chalane, Cyclone Amphan and Cyclone Eloise
- Refelctions from the ground from World Vision: anticipating Cyclone Chalane
- Start Fund tools to support collaborative analysis: a case study of anticipating cyclones in Madagascar; a collaboration between FOREWARN and the London School of Economics
The second half of the meeting will focus on FOREWARN cyclone anticipation updates:
- German Red Cross: Cyclone forecasts in cyclone EAP activation: case studies from Mozambique and The Philippines
- Omdena - community-driven platforms to build AI solutions; predicting relief during cyclones for WFP
- Global Parametrics, Oxfam and Plan International: B-Ready – A new model for humanitarian aid
Please download the full agenda here.Register here